Sunday Worship 11:00 am
Class 10:00 am
13 Elliot Barker Lane
(next to Moreno Valley Health Clinic)
P.O. Box 286
Angel Fire, New Mexico 87710
“FIRE ON THE MOUNTAIN”
Thanks for your interest in our Servant Event Program. Below is information that will help you to determine if our program is something in which you would like to participate.
Christ Our Savior Lutheran Church is a small congregation in a unique setting– a mission church located in a high mountain valley. The beauty of the surroundings and the cool climate are just some of God’s glorious gifts to the people who live or visit here. The Village itself is made up of a ski and golf resort and the infrastructure needed to support the few permananent and many seasonal residents. Angel Fire and the surrounding areas have many people with hardships and limitations who are in need of help. Christ Our Savior Lutheran Church attempts to provide assistance with some of these needs through hosting Servant Events. These events provide an opportunity for all to grow in the meaning of having a servant heart.
Our Events also provide time for spiritual learning and growth through daily Bible study, devotions and reflection; and assessment of achievements against Event goals. There is also time for recreation and the enjoyment of God’s creation.
SERVANT EVENT INFORMATION
For information on reservations, rules for use of facility, ski rentals, or other accommodations, etc. contact Tom & Rosie Fisher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EVENT TYPE: Service Projects and Outreach for Church and Community
PARTICIPANT AGE: 14-18 MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 20 per event
REGISTRATION COST: $100.00 per person per week (includes T-Shirt)
PHONES: Servant Event Coordinators:
- Phil Brooks 281-299-6684 (email@example.com)
- Registration: Tom Fisher 254-562-3046 and Rosie Fisher 903-390-8220 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
ARRIVAL TIME: after 3pm Saturday
DEPARTURE TIME: by noon the next Saturday
DESCRIPTION: Servants will participate in a variety of projects for the church and the community including constructing and repairing structures and walkways, landscape maintenance, packing food for the needy, firewood processing, and assisting a senior center to provide a hot meal — providing an experience to grow with a servant heart and experiencing cultural and historical features of the local area.
CHRIST OUR SAVIOR LUTHERAN CHURCH PROVIDES:
- A sanctuary, small meeting room, office, entry, men’s and women’s bathrooms each with a single shower (paper products provided), and a large kitchen with a gas stove, oven, crock pots, refrigerator with freezer, microwave, pots and pans, dishes and flatware
- Foosball Table
- Full-size Volleyball Court
- Sheltered Picnic Tables
- Fire Ring (contact the Angel Fire Fire Department for current restrictions on outdoor burning)
- A meal and dessert for the Commissioning Service
SERVANT ATTENDEES WILL:
- Cook your own meals, eat out, or purchase take out
- Keep the church locked at all times if no one is there–this means all three doors and the windows closed–you will be given a key when you arrive and you will return it to a coordinator upon leaving
- Woodshed tools are for trained users only–damaged or broken items must be repaired or replaced
- Keep the thermostat at the temperature designated by the coordinators
- Use your own vehicles and provide your own fuel for all activities
- Leave the church and grounds cleaned and in good repair and appearance
- Use the sanctuary for sleeping after moving the chairs to the perimeter to make room and reconfigure them for any services
- Cover the foosball table with the wooden cover for services
WHAT TO BRING
- Sturdy work clothes and closed-toed shoes for building or painting
- Warm clothes for cooler days and nights
- Casual clothes for free time and church services
- Personal items (include sun block, water bottle, phone charger)
- Bedding: sleeping bag, pillow(s), and air mattress if wanted
- Bath towels and wash cloths
- Rain gear
- Food for group (there is a grocery store in town).
- Paper/plastic products for eating.
- Musical instrument(s).
- Any special items our coordinators may ask for.
WHAT TO DO IN & AROUND ANGEL FIRE
Angel Fire offers beautiful mountain scenery. It is located in the Moreno Valley at an elevation of 8,300 feet. We are surrounded by the southern tip of the Sangre de Christo mountains including New Mexico’s highest mountain, Wheeler Peak at over 13,000 feet. Our village is small with about 1,500 permanent residents and the population rising in the summer and during ski season. In the summer we usually have cool nights, warm days and afternoon showers.
LOCAL THINGS TO DO:
- HIKING: local trails available
- MOUNTAIN BIKING: local trails available
- FISHING, KAYAKS, and PADDLE BOATs: Monte Verde Lake is stocked – there is a fee to rent, and you need your own fishing gear
- HORSEBACK RIDING: fee required
- TENNIS: bring your own gear
- CHAIRLIFT RIDES: fee required
- VIETNAM VETERAN’S MEMORIAL: https://www.vietnamveteransmemorial.org/
- GOLF: fee required
- GYMNASIUM: see schedule for open gym availability at https://www.angelfirenm.gov/167/Community-Center
- TAOS: rafting, museums, art galleries, shopping, & the historic Taos Pueblo
- EAGLE NEST: Eagle Nest Lake State Park, bank fishing, & museum
- RED RIVER: hiking, fishing, shopping, jeep tours, mountain tubing & ropes course
- CIMARRON: Cimarron Canyon, fishing, frontier museum & Philmont Scout Ranch
- COMMUNITY PROJECTS: landscape maintenance, senior center meals, food pantry packing, and helping with other community non-profit agency programs
- AT OUR CHURCH: interior and exterior maintenance
- SERVICE PROJECT: process and load firewood for delivery
*ALL Projects are subject to change due to scheduling, timing and the weather. We try very hard to plan all projects so they will provide a service and work experience to help people and organizations.